Email validation online API for developers and system integrators
Delight your clients by stopping bad email addresses getting into their systems. Increase the value of customer databases. Show your clients how to cut operating costs with effective email validation.
Email Hippo prevented
hard bounces since October '15!
SIMPLE, RELIABLE AND HONEST RESULTS
Your data is secure
With our ISO27001:2013 certification, you can be confident that your data remains private. We've earned the trust of thousands of clients clients since 2009 to keep their data secure. Would you trust other non-certified providers with your companies valuable data?
more than thirty servers distributed across three continents deliver you the fastest response times possible. Typical response times less than one second.
Better uptime than our competitors
Services with an uptime better than 99.9% mean that our services are there when your application needs them. Backed by our SLA.
Features & Benefits
- No software to download, install or maintain. Runs completely in the cloud as SaaS.
- Integrates with almost everything.
- No risk to you from IP blocking.
- Multi-level inspection of email addresses. Syntax, DNS, mailbox, Disposable Email Addresses (DEA), spam traps and catch all detection.
- Built in analytics. Charts and reports in a modern, mobile compatible dashboard.
Our email verification portal comes with full access to the API and includes all the details required to get your integration project up and running quickly.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist..
If you're not quite ready for a full API technical implementation just yet, that's no problem. The email verification portal comes with powerful but easy to use, manual data entry functionality and built in reporting to get you started in the new world of real time email verification.
Email validation in your Excel or Google spreadsheet.
- No coding or technical expertise required. Get up and running in minutes..
- Simple to install with Google Sheets or Excel (Windows).
- Integrate Email Hippo advanced email verification technology with other powerful systems such as Email Hunter, import.io, Salesforce, Uber, Dropbox and many more.
Email Hippo is currently the only email verification provider available on Blockspring.
Possible Applications and Use Cases
Our API can be used in scenarios where real time email verification is helpful:
- For owners of websites, blogs or applications where the quality of email addresses is important. Prevent bad or fake emails entering your systems.
- To ensure customers using your checkout process enter valid email addresses and ensure that they receive email notifications correctly.
- For call centers where customer data is valuable and important to get right. Integrating call center software with our real time API greatly reduces errors resulting from incorrectly keyed data entry into CTI systems.
|Manufacturer||Email Hippo Ltd|
|Response time||> 0.2seconds < 8 seconds. Typical response time 0.7 seconds|
|Throughput and concurrency||> 100 TPS.|
|Integration||RESTful GET over HTTP(S)|
|Infrastructure||Geographically dispersed cloud data centers, auto load balance / failover|
|Number of queries at the same time||unlimited|
|DNS A checking?||yes|
|DNS MX checking||yes|
|Role Address checking||yes|
|Free Mail detection||yes|
|DEA detection||yes (note: all mailinator domains detected)|
|Enhanced mailbox detection reason codes||yes|
|Reporting / charts?||yes|
|BigPond (.com & .com.au) coverage?||yes|
|Secure?||yes. HTTPS supported.|
|Spam trap detection?||partial|
|Server to server supported?||yes|
Our API is a standard RESTful implementation and can integrate easily with any system at either the client or server levels.
You have access to extensive documentation (see for yourself ). Code samples integration guides for a wide range of software stacks including PHP, AngularJS, jQuery, Java, .NET, Perl, Python and CURL are available directly from inside your customer portal.
With outstanding documentation and first class support, your technical team will have minimal issues integrating the API with your systems.
.NET Client Library
If your developers use the .NET stack, have them check out our high performance client library at github .
This software is fast to implement, delivers parallel processing out of the box and is fully supported by Email Hippo.
Why Email Hippo
Email Hippo launched in fall 2015. "New kids on the block"? Not exactly! New brand for sure but here's some things that you may be interested to know:
- Large Technology Footprint - Our technology powers many other email validation providers.
- Strong Pedigree - Our email cleansing services were originally created in 2009 and have cleaned up in excess of 960 million email addresses for thousands of satisfied customers.
- Experience - Our technology delivered the world's first online self-service bulk verification services in 2010.
- Simple to Understand Results - We don't confuse you with complex numeric scoring systems and leave you to work out what are good and bad email address. We commit to describing each email address as it is in plain English - Ok, Bad, Unknown.
Our services deliver the best quality of coverage out there. That's why we offer full satisfaction with our service with a 7 day money back refund and cancellation policy.
We go even further and deliver a defined SLA so that you can be sure our services are up when you really need them.
Email Hippo provides high quality, reliable technology services to customers who appreciate the value of reliability and quality of third party services in their businesses.
Read more about Email Hippo.
Our Features vs. Competitors
|Information correct as of December 18, 2015|
|Stated uptime||> 99.9%||> 99.5%||not stated|
|Public uptime monitoring stats||
|Primary status code|
|Secondary reason codes|
|Proprietary deliverability scoring|
|Free mail detection|
|Accept all detection|
|Did you mean?|
|Blockspring integration supported|
Our API Performance vs. Competitors
Wondering how our API service stacks up against Neverbounce, Brite Verify, Kickbox and Verifilia?
We've done the comparison so that you don't have to.
Chart showing accuracy analysis - May 2016
Click chart for full report.
Click here for pricing.