Email Hippo Limited is an innovative, cloud software business which specialises in qualitative analysis of email addresses.
From our office in Launceston in the beautiful county of Cornwall, we deliver our cloud based services to customers all over the world.
We are currently expanding and are welcoming cloud software developers to join our research and development team.
This position will suit the ambitious, bold and inquisitive technologist who thrives on the thrill of innovating clever solutions to the data and business expansion challenges faced by our customers.
In return for your professionalism, commitment and enthusiasm, you will get the opportunity to have a say in shaping our products, a competitive salary, the opportunity to work from home for up to two days per week, and excellent career progression opportunities.
- Visual Studio on Windows (V2015, V2017)
- .NET framework (>=4.5)
Nice to haves:
- .NET standard ( > 1.4 preferably 2.0)
- .NET core (console and web hosts)
- Cloud (Azure)
- MS SQL Server
- Azure Cosmos Db
- Unit tests and mocking
Our desired candidate will have:
- The desire and ability to ‘think outside of the box’
- Happy to help
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Be eager to learn new skills
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ability to write code and solve complex problems. Generally, this means having:
- A bachelor's degree from a top university, or
- Several years experience working as a programmer in a software development team
- When faced with a technical challenge, feel excited and comfortable with ‘zero results’ from Google searches
- Enjoy writing well-structured and testable code with a focus on simplicity, maintainability and scalability
- Care about quality, not only of the code you write, but of the product that you are building
- Are comfortable with full stack development
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines including developers, designers, marketers and salespeople
- Have an enthusiasm for working directly with users to build and deliver the right features
- Are a skilled developer, but more importantly have an innate desire to learn and improve
Working at Email hippo, you will:
- Maintain and extend existing features, and collaborate with the rest of the development team to spec, design and build new features and products
- Become familiar with a pragmatically-chosen tech stack, including a mix of cutting-edge and proven technologies such as Docker, AWS, and Azure
- Gain experience in Cloud (Azure and AWS), Agile CRM, Stripe and ChargeBee
- Contribute opinions on a range of topics, from development practices to product strategy and roadmap